Friday, June 06, 2008

CVS: My ECBs didn't print!

CVS has a couple of great deals this week:

  • Buy $20 of select Bounty, Charmin and Duracell products and get $10 in ECBs.
  • Buy $20 of select Pampers products and get $5 in ECBs.
I did these deals on Sunday, but I broke them up and my ECBs didn't print properly. (Generally, you can accumulate the required amount over separate transactions.) So I had to call CVS on Monday morning, and finally got my ECBs today. You can read more about the call to CVS over at Chief Family Officer. The post at CFO includes additional Drugstore Game resources and printable coupon tips as well.

I didn't realize that my ECBs were going to print as a total of $15 instead of separate ECBs of $10 and $5. It messed up my planned transactions, and I even had to abort my first modified transaction because the store was out of the Oral B toothbrushes that are free after ECBs this month. But, I got what I needed and didn't have to spend a cent out of pocket since I have a gift card that I acquired for filling a prescription, so I can't complain. Here's how my transaction went:

2 Swiffer refills, $6.99 each - $13.98
2 Lysol wipes, $3.49 each - $6.98
2 Dawn, 2/$2 - $2
Total: $22.96
Coupons: $4 off $20 purchase CVS coupon, $1 off 2 Swiffer, $1 off 2 Lysol & 2 25-cents off Dawn
ECBs: $15
Out of pocket: $1.58 (on gift card)
ECBs received: $5 for Swiffer, $1 for Dawn

It wasn't a great transaction, since I lost $9 in ECBs, but we really needed the wipes (to clean the potties) and I didn't want to miss the Swiffer deal. And I was lucky enough to win a $10 CVS gift card from My Good Cents, and the $25 gift card that I ordered through MyPoints finally came, so I could afford to burn some ECBs. (I'll publish a review of MyPoints next week over at Chief Family Officer.)

What I really love about playing The Drugstore Game is that I can really stretch my dollars. And thanks to ECBs and gift cards, I'll be buying a lot of things my family needs for free!

Read about more great deals at The "Cent"sible Sawyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts - I really enjoy reading them. (However, I will delete any spammy or offensive comments at my discretion.)

If you've enjoyed this post, you may want to get regular updates by subscribing to CFO by RSS or email.