Thursday, June 12, 2008

$5 off $20 purchase at Walgreens

Thanks to The Centsible Shopper, I learned not only about Walgreens' new $5 off $20 purchase coupon for Friday only, I also learned that it has some new fine print:

Minimum subtotal must equal $20 or more before sales tax; subtotal must include all other applied discounts and coupons.
As Bethany points out, the coupon could still result in a good deal if you are picking up the free after rebate items. I think it could also be a good deal if you have a gift card (from previous free after rebate purchases) and there are some things you need to pick up. But otherwise, I would recommend going only if there are a lot of things you need to buy that happen to be on sale at Walgreens this week (and you don't have a CVS nearby).

1 comment:

  1. I noticed that the coupon also specifies "one per customer per offer," which I don't think was part of the boilerplate before. Still, I should be able to get a few FAR items and a metric ton of TreSemme shampoo for free after rebates/coupon, so I'll go for it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts - I really enjoy reading them. (However, I will delete any spammy or offensive comments at my discretion.)

If you've enjoyed this post, you may want to get regular updates by subscribing to CFO by RSS or email.