Next Thursday is Free Iced Coffee Day at Dunkin' Donuts. Unfortunately, there isn't a single Dunkin' Donuts location near my home or office. Believe me, I checked their store locator to be sure. Bummer!
But, for those of you who are lucky enough to be able to swing by a Dunkin' Donuts, you should know that you can pop in between 10 a.m. and 10 p.m. on May 15 and choose between the regular or Berry Berry flavors. Be prepared for a line, though - they're expecting to give away more than four million iced coffees! For more information, visit www.MyIcedCoffee.com.
Finally, here's some Free Iced Coffee Day trivia:
- Dunkin' Donuts will use more than 88 million ice cubes on Free Iced Coffee Day, and will pour approximately 31,250 gallons of cream.
- You could fill seven Olympic-size swimming pools with the amount of coffee that will be used on Free Iced Coffee Day.
- If you lined up each cup of iced coffee served on Free Iced Coffee Day lid-to-lid, the line would stretch for more than 236 miles.
- If you stacked up each cup of iced coffee served on Free Iced Coffee Day, it would reach nearly 300 miles into the sky, the vantage point of a typical space shuttle orbit.
- Dunkin' Donuts is partnering with the nonprofit National Police Athletic League, which supports underprivileged youth. Dunkin' Donuts will donate $80,000, broken up in increments of $5,000 over 16 individual markets, to help fund National PAL's Youth Leadership Program.