Sunday, January 25, 2009

For Twilight fans: Read fan fiction at Twilighted

As I've previously confessed, I've had a hard time saying good-bye to the Twilight universe.(Read my review of the Twilight series and an update.) I've been able to extend my stay in the Twilight universe through the fan fiction site Twilighted.

As you might expect, there's a huge variety. The quality ranges from awful to amazing – the reviews and star ratings help, but really you just have to start reading to see if you like something.

You'll find stories set during the series, before Twilight, and after Breaking Dawn. There are stories that simply fill in the blanks, stories that are set in alternate universes (i.e., what might or could have happened), and even alternate universe stories where everyone is human (those are rather weird, in my opinion, and have nothing to do with Twilight except that the characters have the same names).

I won't recommend anything specific, since I haven't kept track of the stories I've read. I just kind of browse and read whatever has an interesting summary. If you enjoyed the series and have wished for more, I highly recommend you check out Twilighted.

Note: The site has some NC-17 rated stories that some people might wish to avoid. And I don't think there's anything to prevent a minor from visiting the site so parents might want to look into their site blocking options.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts - I really enjoy reading them. (However, I will delete any spammy or offensive comments at my discretion.)

If you've enjoyed this post, you may want to get regular updates by subscribing to CFO by RSS or email.