Thursday, September 18, 2008

Walgreens this week: No $5/$20 or $10/$40 coupon, but I'll be getting cheap trash bags

Not that I needed it, but proof that I don't get enough sleep and have too much to do came last week when I forgot to put the $10 off $40 purchase coupon in my coupon bag! I found myself at Walgreens about to move my purchases from the cart to the counter when I realized my mistake. Fortunately, it's my favorite store with the nicest cashier, who kindly offered to hold everything while I ran home for the coupon. But a drive home and back didn't really fit my plans (Walgreens isn't that close to our house) so I just bought my non-rebate items and called it a day. Well, except for the water pitcher filter - I finally found one, so I bought it.

I was hoping for another weekend coupon so I could make up for last week, but there isn't one so I guess I'll wait until next week to pick up the remaining free-after-rebate items just in case a coupon comes out for then.

In the meantime, though, I can't pass up the deal on Ultra Tuf brand trash bags. I bought some of these last month when they were free after the sale price and monthly rebate, and they're comparable to the Kirkland brand drawstring bags that we've been getting from Costco for years. This week, they're on sale for 2 for $5, but the best part is that the 45-count boxes aren't marked on the shelf with the sale price but ring up $2.50 per box. It's been months since I bought trash bags at Costco so I don't remember the exact price, but I estimate $2.50 for 45 bags to be about two-thirds of the cost of the Kirkland bags. I'll be buying as many boxes as I can find, since there don't seem to be that many great sales and coupons on trash bags.

While I'm at the store, I'll also pick up Colgate Max toothpaste since it'll be free after the "super coupon" that's in the weekly ad and a $1 off coupon that I think came in the mail. I will also check out the Glade Plugins sale - I don't use these things, but I haven't maxed out the monthly rebate and I have a bunch of coupons. I'll need to check exactly what's on sale, though, to see if it matches my coupon. Finally, I'll pick up a bottle of the free-after-Register Rewards Crest ProHealth mouthwash, since I still have the coupon I didn't use last week.

I'll definitely be heading back to Walgreens next week, too - check out the preview at SlickDeals, there are some really good deals in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts - I really enjoy reading them. (However, I will delete any spammy or offensive comments at my discretion.)

If you've enjoyed this post, you may want to get regular updates by subscribing to CFO by RSS or email.