Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Product Review - Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags

My friend Karen turned me on to these microwave sterilizing bagsfrom Medela. I use them mostly for sterilizing pumping equipment at work, but I've also found myself using them at home - they're great! To use them, you put your pumping equipment in the bag, add water, and microwave on high for 1 1/2 to 5 minutes, depending on the power of your microwave. You pour out the water using the hole on one side, then carefully open the bag. I think this is the easiest way to sterilize the tubing from my breast pump. The bags can also be used to sterilize most bottles, nipples and pacifiers. The best part is, they're reasonably priced - I got a box of 5 bags at Target for about $5, and each bag can be used up to 20 times.

I try not to be overly paranoid about sterilizing, because I know a little exposure to germs is actually good for my kids' long-term health. I also keep in mind that the pediatrician said hot water and soap gets everything clean enough, and I microwave the kitchen sponge on high for two minutes every day to kill any bacteria growing inside. But these bags come in really handy when it's not convenient to run the dishwasher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts - I really enjoy reading them. (However, I will delete any spammy or offensive comments at my discretion.)

If you've enjoyed this post, you may want to get regular updates by subscribing to CFO by RSS or email.