Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Easiest Way To Brush And Whiten Your Teeth

Like many brides, I wanted whiter teeth for my wedding. But I chipped my front teeth when I was a little girl and they've been bonded for years. That material doesn't whiten along with the teeth during most whitening procedures, but my dentist assured me that a Sonicare toothbrush would lighten both my teeth and the bonding a few shades. He was right!

Of course, he really recommended the toothbrush for the "C-minus" that he gave the condition of my teeth and gums. I started with the Sonicare Advance toothbrush and later switched to the newer Sonicare Elite for many years now and have actually gotten consistently good grades from my dentist during that time. The only times he hasn't been thrilled with the condition of my teeth and gums has been when I haven't been able to use my Sonicare due to morning sickness (nothing will make you throw up faster than brushing your teeth when you're nauseous - and that's a problem with the Sonicare since it sprays everywhere if you take it out of your mouth while it's still on).

Sonicare toothbrushes have a built-in timer, so it's easy to brush each quadrant of your mouth for 30 seconds. A full charge lasts two weeks, so traveling with a Sonicare is easy.

One warning - Sonicare toothbrushes are not for everyone. I know someone who got massive headaches from using one, and another person who found the Sonicare wore down his enamel (he switched to a Crest Spinbrushwith good results). Even my dentist can't use one, but his wife does.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts - I really enjoy reading them. (However, I will delete any spammy or offensive comments at my discretion.)

If you've enjoyed this post, you may want to get regular updates by subscribing to CFO by RSS or email.